Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back east

I've always loved the way Californians say "back east" to refer to the east coast, as if it were not only geographically distant but also somehow in the past. As if all Californians held in common a history of having escaped to the Golden State from parts eastward.

Anyway, it really is back east for me; I'm visiting my sister in the Hudson Valley at the moment, a peaceful spot not far from where we were born. I'll be here for a few days and am hoping to get a good amount of work done while I'm here. Naturally, my epic public transit adventure (and the cold I caught on said adventure) have me just disoriented enough that I'm finding myself blogging instead. What's my article about, again?

Back to work, Cecire.

* * *

In the spirit of user-friendliness, Blogger lists some sample tags to prompt people to tag their posts:

I've always thought it would be funny to tag a post "scooters, vacation, fall" for that reason. ("Scooters" seems especially random, and therefore comical, to me.) If I were to put those tags on a post, this would be the post.

3 comments:

Ben W said...

Back to work, Cecire.

As if work is somehow in the past!

Natalia said...

Work was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, in saecula saeculorum, amen.

Ben W said...

In the beginning was the deed, but I was off relaxing.